Friday, June 14, 2013

Widgets

Hashtag is now on Facebook

Facebook now officially supports hashtag. And it's now clickable.

for sure, hashtags will be everywhere

"Hastaggging" became popular on Twitter and Instagram.

(Based on Wikipedia) A hashtag is a word or a phrase prefixed with the symbol #. It is a form of metadata tag. Short messages on microblogging social networking services such as Twitter, Tout, identi.ca, Tumblr, Instagram, Flickr, Google+ or now, Facebook may be tagged by putting "#" before important words, as in:
                Welcome to my #blog! :)

It is used by some users to "trend" a topic or word.

So, I guess, for those who really gets annoyed by people who overused this feature, better prepared yourself in seeing more status updates on facebook with unending hashtags. Seems like every word has a # symbol.

Remember, hashtag is for important words!

1 comment:

  1. wow is it true? I tried it on my account but it doesn't work. I hope the 1st Pinoy Social Network add a hashtag. :) thanks for posting this wonderful article Yhen! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for every single comment and advice. I read all of it.
Tell me, if you follow my blog, then I will follow you back :) ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...